Before the end of 2017 the board will be down for a brief period of time for an upgrade.
Past experience says less than 30 minutes but I can't predict the future.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will not happen in 2017.
Thanks,
Doug

CatVIDS - Split by type rather than series

Discuss the powerful Explorer Templates used in the CAT programs
andynick

CatVIDS - Split by type rather than series

Postby andynick » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone on here can help me. Whilst I have meddled around with the explorer templates i've only eve made minor changes and i'm not sure how to do what I want to do.

I would like the Person Credits sheet to split into separate sections based on type rather than if they were in a TV series or not.

e.g.

George Clooney

FILMS
From Dusk till Dawn ... ... ... ...

DOCUMENTARIES
Example Doc ... ... ... ...

EDUCATIONAL
Example ... ... ... ...

FITNESS
Example ... ... ... ...

You get the idea. Anyone know what I need to change in person_credits.xsl to do this?

Thanks in advance.

LotsOCds

Re: CatVIDS - Split by type rather than series

Postby LotsOCds » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forums!

What you are asking is possible but to do it right requires some advanced XSL programming using xsl:key and generate-id(). There's plenty of information online about xsl keys but it can be confusing and difficult to apply. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to write it for you.

The attached template is a small modification to the default template that orders the list by type but without breaking it into sections. To do this I added a column for "Type" and then used it as the primary sort. The TV Series section split is still there. It is easy to remove that split if desired. I can help with that if you need it.

Make a backup of your current Person_Credits.xsl file before you unzip this one.

Let us know how it goes.

Disclaimer - while I own CATVids I do not use it for cataloging, so the only test database I have is the sample database. The sample database does not have useful entries for testing your request. Please forgive any issues due to my limited testing.
Attachments
Person_Credits_t85-1.zip
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Cheers,
Dave

andynick

Re: CatVIDS - Split by type rather than series

Postby andynick » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Useful to know that I'm asking for something tricky and it's not something that I'm just going to stumble across whilst fiddling around.

Using Type as a sort won't work for me as I'm already using a custom sort, but thanks anyway.

Return to “Explorer Templates”