What about iTunes?

Discuss alternatives to the CAT programs.
Salvatore Besso

What about iTunes?

Postby Salvatore Besso » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am

hello again,

I state in advance that I've never tried this software, so I ask to you (if you have tried it) if it is worth as a CATraxx replacement.

Thank you

Salvatore

MSWallack

Re: What about iTunes?

Postby MSWallack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm

iTunes is not a particularly good replacement. First, it's slow. Really slow. Did I mention slow? Second, like many Apple applications, it knows how you want to organize things and if you have a different idea, well, too bad. You can change the info in some fields, but it's not always easy. And did I mention that it's slow? There is virtually no customization available. And probably most important, iTunes will only work with digital assets (books, movies, music); you can rip a CD but you can't really record information about a physical CD in iTunes the way you can in CATraxx and you certainly can't keep information about books or DVDs for which you don't have a digital asset. Oh, and did I mention that iTunes is slow?

Salvatore Besso

Re: What about iTunes?

Postby Salvatore Besso » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 pm

MSWallack wrote:iTunes is not a particularly good replacement. First, it's slow. Really slow. Did I mention slow? Second, like many Apple applications, it knows how you want to organize things and if you have a different idea, well, too bad. You can change the info in some fields, but it's not always easy. And did I mention that it's slow? There is virtually no customization available. And probably most important, iTunes will only work with digital assets (books, movies, music); you can rip a CD but you can't really record information about a physical CD in iTunes the way you can in CATraxx and you certainly can't keep information about books or DVDs for which you don't have a digital asset. Oh, and did I mention that iTunes is slow?

ok, I've understood: iTunes is slow :-)

Thank you for the suggestions.

Salvatore

Return to “Alternatives to the CAT programs”