Before the end of 2017 the board will be down for a brief period of time for an upgrade.
Past experience says less than 30 minutes but I can't predict the future.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will not happen in 2017.
Thanks,
Doug

Hello

General Discussion
Bret_B

Hello

Postby Bret_B » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 am

Hi Folks,

My name is Bret Blakeslee and I've been using Catraxx, BookCat, and CatVids for decades now. They can do almost everything I can do myself in making a database, they are completely configurable, and I didn't have to re-invent the wheel. Being a programmer, that last is one of my prime directives.

I was very sorry to hear of Frederick's death but I suppose I'm at an age where I'll hear more and more of that as time progresses. I don't feel old but I guess I am. I clearly remember when Sgt. Pepper's came out and even remember when they decided to quit doing concerts. If you do too then you are probably around my age.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello as this was requested. :)

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Postby DougWilliams » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 am

Hello Bret_B, welcome to the forum!

Health was the reason development and sales were stopped but as far as I know Fredrik is still alive. Though you may be privy to new information, which would be very sad information.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

Bret_B

Re: Hello

Postby Bret_B » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am

I don't know if he died. I just thought I saw something on the site where someone mentioned his "passing" I think. If not, nevermind. ;)
Bret Blakeslee
———————
The Moving Finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on, nor all thy piety, nor wit,
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy tears wash out a Word of It.

Omar Khayyam ca. 1100 BCE & Edward FitzGerald ca. 1825 BCE

Return to “General Discussion”