IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!!

General Discussion
DougWilliams
Site Admin

IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!!

Post by DougWilliams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:41 pm

This particular forum will be shutting down at the end of the year.

I am looking at moving what I can to a free hosting forum service (ie Proboard, Forumotion, etc)?
Anything you can recommend?

The maintenance and spam have just been steadily increasing and it's time to move on to something else.

Thanks for your patience.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

Alex Ivanovich

Re: IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!!

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi Doug
try this hosting, it's the best and it's free ;)

https://infinityfree.net/

1. Infinityfree

Best overall free web hosting

Disk space: Unlimited |
Domain hosting: Unlimited |
Monthly traffic: Unlimited Bandwidth |
Subdomains: Unlimited |
Email accounts: 10 |
FTP accounts: 1 |
MySQL databases: 400
Unlimited storage/bandwidth
400 MySQL databases
Average load times

In the world of free website hosting, Infinityfree stands out for good reasons. It has a well-designed website that makes a positive impression and ticks the right boxes for us. Its homepage gets a C performance grade in our load time test but other than that, it looks pretty solid.

Infinityfree has been in the business for over six years, claims to have 300,000 users, and offers unlimited disk space and bandwidth (albeit with a very generous 50,000 daily hits). You can host as many domains as you want but you will only get 10 email accounts and one FTP to upload your content.

There are no hidden fees and despite its free status, you will get a 99.9% uptime guarantee (although that said, you are more or less on your own if your site goes down) and the popular Softaculous Script installer with more than 400 applications.

We were surprised to see that this provider's features list includes 400 MySQL databases (where others give only a handful, if any at all), a free DNS service, free SSL and free Cloudflare CDN. That's impressive for a free offering.

As expected Infinityfree also sells cheap paid-for hosting (Infinityfree Ultimate Premium) that offers unlimited everything for $6.90 per month, which is worth an upgrade as you will also get access to CloudFlare Railgun, which cuts load times significantly.

Gordon K

Post by Gordon K » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:32 am

Doug, I'd be sorry to lose this forum. While I cannot help with the hosting, if there is anything I can do to help the management (e.g. getting rid of the spam) I would be happy to help,

Gordon K

Charlie314

Post by Charlie314 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 am

Bonjour

You will let me know when the choice will be made by email and also let me know how to register. Thank you

Charlie
Merci

Charlie

Charlie314

Post by Charlie314 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:06 am

I forgot to ask you if the messages on FNPrg will be lost or saved on the new forum?

How else can I save the messages I want to keep?

Merci
Merci

Charlie