The board has been upgrade to the latest version. Please let me know of any problems.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will happen in 2018.
Thanks, Doug

David Bowie Dies at 69

General Discussion
Alex Ivanovich

David Bowie Dies at 69

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:37 am

Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69 :cry: R.I.P. :(

The singer-songwriter and producer excelled at glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during an eclectic 40-plus-year career.

David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 69.

"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the artist's official social media accounts.

The influential singer-songwriter and producer excelled at glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career. He just released his 25th album, Blackstar, Jan. 8, which was his birthday.

Bowie’s artistic breakthrough came with 1972’s The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, an album that fostered the notion of rock star as space alien. Fusing British mod with Japanese kabuki styles and rock with theater, Bowie created the flamboyant, androgynous alter ego Ziggy Stardust.

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: David Bowie Dies at 69

Post by DougWilliams » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm

:(
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

baeckerg

Re: David Bowie Dies at 69

Post by baeckerg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:35 am

:( RIP Major Tom :(