What would you like fixed or fine-tuned?

General Discussion
DougWilliams
Site Admin

What would you like fixed or fine-tuned?

Post by DougWilliams » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:52 pm

The recent activity of updates has re-invigorated our love of the CAT programs (okay..it has mine at least). So.. purely as a thought exercise.. What would you like to see fixed or fine-tuned in any of the programs? NOT a new feature just some tweak of something that already exists.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: What would you like fixed or fine-tuned?

Post by DougWilliams » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:57 pm

CATraxx. Internet DLL. Catalog No. Fix it so you don't have to remove spaces, and dashes to find a match in Discogs. Example: SP-12345 has to be entered as SP12345 for it to be found.
Record Collector

Gordon K

Post by Gordon K » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:33 pm

First, a wish for a happy Christmas to all and a prosperous New Year. Its already Christmas Eve here in Oz and, if you have read about the fires that have swept our East Coast it is a calmer day where the firefighters will get a chance to gain some control.
As for CaTraxx, I have been a long term user of Thomas's Halstrups Player and would love to see that integrated into the product. The presentation of the information and tags of the piece being played adds great value to me. Unfortunately, using the player alongside birth dates and other "apps" (from the same author) etc., means a lot of work if I allow the Templates to be updated. So I do not and they are way old.
Just wishing out loud!

felldownawell

Post by felldownawell » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:00 am

Great topic, Doug.

Catraxx - If Related Artists are reordered, Notes field does not move with corresponding Related To artist upon save
Steps to Recreate:
  • Open Artist/Person, navigate to Relation tab
  • Link to multiple Related To artists
  • Enter Notes corresponding to artists
  • Reorder Related To artists (Notes appear to move with Related To artist)
  • Save
  • Reopen Artist/Person (Notes have stayed with original line number on which they appeared)
Catraxx user since 2005

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MK2
Cartridge: Shure M97xE
Preamp: Cambridge 540P
Tape Deck: Teac W-890R
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Recording: Adobe Audition CC 2019
Post-Production: iZotope RX 7

J.F. Le Deist

Post by J.F. Le Deist » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:31 pm

I copy here what I have posted before on the facebook page.

All about Bookcat :

1° : Since Windows 10, on some of the drop-down lists (not all), the scrolling of the mouse to go up and down does'nt work when I first open the list, I must use the up and down arrows. But when I click once on one arrow, the scrolling works again.

2° : I have the software installed on 3 computers (Family Pack), 2 running Windows 10 Pro, one running Windows 10. "Compacting database" tool works well on Windows 10, and bad (very long time) on Windows 10 Pro

3° : I don't remember well, but it seems that in the past, we had the possibility to add a book by downloading informations not only by ISBN, but through a search by name of authors in National Libraries. Am I right or not ? I can't be sure. Such a search possibility would be superb. And the possibility to download from Worldcat who has millions of books pre-ISBN ( but that's not a fix, only a wish out of topic )

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:28 am

Jean, is it a shared database? Works fine on my Win 10 Pro to a shared drive.
Record Collector

J.F. Le Deist

Post by J.F. Le Deist » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Doug : No it's not a shared database. I record book datas when I'm at work, When I quit the job, I backup on USB key. At home I restore the database and continue to record datas, and so....
Whe had a discussion about this some monthes or years ago and it seemed I'm the only one with this problem. I tried to "repair database", to uninstall and reinstall Bookcat. No effect. Probably due to my professionnal settings (settings I can't change, they are made by my professional healthcare software providers ).

Tomvb

Post by Tomvb » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:09 am

CATraxx: If have tracks that are marked as "[Live]" then writing to and reading from MP3 tags creates titles like "Bohemian Rapsody [Live][Live]"

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Hello Tomvb,
Do you have a custom tag write setup? It sounds like you might be saving the Full Title plus the Live tag.

Not saying there isn't a probably but there might be an existing solution.
Record Collector

Tomvb

Post by Tomvb » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 pm

DougWilliams wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:43 pm
Hello Tomvb,
Do you have a custom tag write setup? It sounds like you might be saving the Full Title plus the Live tag.

Not saying there isn't a probably but there might be an existing solution.
Hi Doug,
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm using indeed the Full Title Tag option, which adds the Live, Instrumental, etc. tags to the title in the audio file. This is OK as long as you don't do a read from tag afterwards, because these tags gets then duplicated in the title. Not a big issue, because I changed my workflow to only write tags to the audio files, but no longer read the tags from these files. Deactivating the Full Title option would also solve the problem. It would however be nice if CATraxx could check if these tags are present and remove them when reading the audio file title.