The board has been upgrade to the latest version. Please let me know of any problems.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will happen in 2018.
Thanks, Doug

New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

General Discussion
KAM

Re: New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

Post by KAM » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:20 am

Ah-ha, found you! So this is where you've all been hiding!

Good to see so many of the old community have upped sticks and moved to this new settlement.
Now we can resurrect all the old arguments again, ("No, I forbid you to put a Composer in the Artist field..." etc)

Best wishes to all,

Ken

Quad

Post by Quad » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi everybody, greetings from England.

Longtime CATraxx user here (10+ years), also to a lesser extent CATvids and SoftCAT.

Having seen FNPrg disappear, the forum revived and then disappear again, i was pleased to find this new forum, complete with many familiar names. Big thanks to the ever present Doug for sorting this out.

Im not a frequent poster, some 60 or 70 posts in those 10 years, but its nice to know its "there".

CATraxx is running on my Windows 10 PC better than ever, close to 4000 CD's, in excess of 50000 tracks, and doing it with aplomb...Long may it continue !!

Cheers

QUAD

wjpbest

Post by wjpbest » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Hello.
I am Bill. I have been using CATraxx fro many years.
Glad the user community is here to help each other.

ustoexx

Post by ustoexx » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi fellows!

I am glad there is a forum for the CAT-programs again.
Thank you Doug.

Greets from Germany
Uwe

(CATraxx user since 2004)

Azol

Post by Azol » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:40 pm

KAM wrote:Ah-ha, found you! So this is where you've all been hiding!

Good to see so many of the old community have upped sticks and moved to this new settlement.
Now we can resurrect all the old arguments again, ("No, I forbid you to put a Composer in the Artist field..." etc)

Best wishes to all,

Ken
Hey, it's Ken here!!! Now we - the fans of CATraxx AND Classical music - are saved!!! Woo-hoo!

P.S. Not to raise an old argument again, but I did in fact put composer's name in Artist field - BUT!!! - I start putting "composed by" in front of it so I can now easily distinguish composers from real artist/performers, still enjoying the option to sort/filter/grouping by both alike. A - Abbado, B - Bruckner, C - Callas, D - Donizetti etc... if you catch my drift

Joer

Post by Joer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 am

Hallo, I'm using almost all CATs progs since.... I don't remember how many years, but surely many. Perhaps almost from the beginning.

I have worked hard to catalog thousands of books, CDs and videos, to collect many infos about them, till to have a very useful db.
When FNPrg closed, it was for me almost a real drama, also if the well done software continues to run till today.

dpilarz

Post by dpilarz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:05 pm

I have been a dedicated FNPrg user (Books, Videos, Music and Software) for many years. I am hopeful that the suite of programs will all be kept in good working order forever because they really are the best databases available by a large margin! I am sure this forum will contribute to their longevity.

Mariner16

Post by Mariner16 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:46 am

Hello, Semi retired mariner and expat Brit/Kiwi living in Bangkok, have been using CATraxx since about 2004ish - I needed a CD catalogue programme, looked around and it seemed the best, have had no reason to change that opinion since, now well over 5,000 items, including some vinyl, recently started entering the extensive 78rpm collection I inherited from my father and have realised by using 78RPM on 45worlds that he must have got some from his parents as the oldest I have found so far dates back to 1913. I also use Discogs to buy harder to find items and as an info source. Great to find this forum which I discovered via Facebook. Cheers

lionside

Hi. So I need the full paid version.

Post by lionside » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:30 am

You can't buy the full paid version anymore, but softcat is exactly what I've been looking for for months. Since there isn't any way to buy myself a legitimate registration key, would anyone be willing to share with me theirs?

Johnnyt

Post by Johnnyt » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:28 pm

As far as I know SoftCAT is free, and version 5.23 can be downloaded from http://www.fnprg.com/
-------------
StampCAT
CATraxx
BookCAT
CATVids