New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

General Discussion
swifty

Re: New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

Post by swifty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:49 am

Hello all, been using Catraxx and Catvids since 2003. Looked you up in order to ask a question about Amazon queries in Catraxx.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Howdy, y'all!!! Been using AssetCAT & CATTraxx for a good long while and love the software!! Glad to be a member here!!

doneworkin42

Post by doneworkin42 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:33 pm

When loading CATRAXX this morning, I received a notice that an update was available. I started searching the web to see if it was for real and found this website. Thanks for creating it. And is nice to see an update.

sethmo

Post by sethmo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello all,

I have been using Catraxx since version 5 or 6 do not really remember... I am glad the new version 9.46 brings back the Discogs capabilities!!! Long live Catraxx and big thanks to Fredrik!!!!!

onlytrev

Post by onlytrev » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Delighted to say hello again Doug. These messages never cease to surprise and delight me.
Long live CATraxx.

I think we all owe an enormous thank you to Doug for his sterling efforts.

GaryG45

Post by GaryG45 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,
After digitizing over 500 vinyl LPs I decided to look for something to catalog and print my music collection of LPs, CDs, and cassettes. CATraxx was highly recommended in my searches, but unfortunately, I can no longer purchase it. I'll monitor the Alternatives to CATraxx forum topic and search for alternatives. Hopefully I'll find something to report back on.

Gary

strudbook

Post by strudbook » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm

just joined, but been using bookcat 6 years. thought I had besr join in case the support drops off with Fred' not so involved.

Corisco

Post by Corisco » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi! I guess I could be called a new member.
Thank you for having it running.
I've been away from a computer for the last few months (my old one was stolen and only now I could get a new one) and I'm surprise that the CATraxx Community Forum is no more. Can you please tell me what happened?

Another doubt is about the new versions of the CAT programs. Is Fredrik back or what? This new version of CATraxx (9.47) - is it compatible with the Proxxy app or isn't it necessary anymore?
I haven't found any information or comments about it. Is there any review or thread on the subject? The search engine refuses to accept words considered common and I really couldn't get information.

Thank you for any help.

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:02 am

Hello Corisco! Welcome to the Fan Forum!
I've been away from a computer for the last few months (my old one was stolen and only now I could get a new one) and I'm surprise that the CATraxx Community Forum is no more. Can you please tell me what happened?
Many questions can be answered in the Fan Forum FAQ.
Another doubt is about the new versions of the CAT programs. Is Fredrik back or what? This new version of CATraxx (9.47) - is it compatible with the Proxxy app or isn't it necessary anymore?
I haven't found any information or comments about it. Is there any review or thread on the subject? The search engine refuses to accept words considered common and I really couldn't get information.
With the latest version of CATraxx (9.47) the Proxxy app is no longer needed. There are a few posts throughout the forum about the upgrade to CATraxx and the other CAT programs. Most upgrades seem to deal with downloading information from Amazon, though Fredrik was kind enough to get the Discogs download working too.

Now the question of "Is Fredrik back or what?" is open to interpretation. Technically Fredrik never went away, while he did stop feature development and no longer sold any of the CAT programs, he has been providing internet dll updates, allowed users to upgrade to the latest versions for free and provided the software for download (though be it in demo mode without a license). Why the sudden and greatly appreciated updates, I cannot say. Sure I've heard some rumours through other contacts but nothing concrete. All I can say is "Thank You Fredrik".
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

tony1960

Post by tony1960 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Hey everyone. Been a longtime CATraxx & Vid user (more than a decade). Started to use it mostly for my rock collection, but now I spend 99.9% percent of the time entering and updating my classical music collection. I've tried dozens of other programs, and I've been spoiled by what Fredrik had done that nothing comes close. Glad that someone was able to continue the tradition. I appreciate it, Doug :D