[Solved] Cover to be replaced (warning)

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for BookCAT
LotsOCds

Re: Cover to be replaced (warning)

Post by LotsOCds » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm

what would be the best solution in your opinion
I do not know. You must define the criteria for what you want to count. I still do not understand what you want to count. Do you want the count to match with the number of records returned by the URL?

Once there is a clear criteria it will be possible to write the correct query.

Can you write the criteria using words (not the results). What do you want to count? Without that, I can only guess.
Cheers,
Dave

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 pm

you are right :)
then, the code you posted before is fine ;)
but I would like to "see", "always" on all records :roll:

LotsOCds

Post by LotsOCds » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 pm

but I would like to "see", "always" on all records
Remove "validate" from the URL.

Code: Select all

<a href="BookList.xsl?Author={authors/author[1]/name}@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=@orderby=series,releaseno@xslparam:doctitle=Cover to be replaced {authors/author[1]/name}" target="_blank">
Cheers,
Dave

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:37 pm

LotsOCds wrote: Remove "validate" from the URL.
done

introduction
translations of the interface, in Italian

the field "Personaggio" and "Author"
the field "Serie" and "Series"

the problem explained in the third image :|

Here we are in the
"Series" "Super Almanacco Paperino (prima serie)",
"Author" "Paperino"
no cover to be replaced in this Series

counting and ok

Here we are in the
"Series" "Super Almanacco Paperino (seconda serie)",
"Author" "Paperino"

cover to be replaced in this Series: 3
counting and ok

Here we are in the
"Series" "I Grandi Classici Disney",
"Author" "I Grandi Classici Disney" (various, why are many characters)
no cover to be replaced in this Series

this count and wrong
the value to be displayed correctly

(see other comics) 3

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:23 pm

I changed the code, and it works partially :| ,the counts are all working correctly (also in other series)

but

URL does not work, (No match!) in the "Super Almanacco Paperino (seconda serie)", where must be changed the cover (3) (see image above)

<a href="BookList.xsl?Series!={series}@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=@orderby=series,releaseno@xslparam:doctitle=Cover to be replaced " target="_blank">

this works correctly now

<xsl:value-of select="series"/>
##CMD:COUNT:book,series=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##

this works correctly now

<xsl:value-of select="' (see other comics)'"/>

##CMD:COUNT:book,series!=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##

</a>

Code Full

<!-- Cover to be replaced -->
        <a href="BookList.xsl?Series!={series}@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=@orderby=series,releaseno@xslparam:doctitle=Cover to be replaced " target="_blank">
            <strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="blue"> Cover to be replaced </font></strong>
          <xsl:value-of select="series"/> <strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="red">
          ##CMD:COUNT:book,series=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##</font></strong>
          <xsl:value-of select="' (see other comics)'"/> <strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="red">
          ##CMD:COUNT:book,series!=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##</font></strong>
       </a>

LotsOCds

Post by LotsOCds » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 am

URL does not work, (No match!) in the "Super Almanacco Paperino (seconda serie)", where must be changed the cover (3) (see image above)

That is correct. It is because the URL says "Series!={series}". For series not equal to "Super Almanacco Paperino (seconda serie)" the count =0.

It really would help you to write down the criteria for the URL. Describe what you are looking for with words, not examples of results that are wrong. Then you can write the code for the query. Otherwise it is going to take a lot of guesses to get it right.
Cheers,
Dave

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:54 am

the problem is that English is not my language :|
I try to explain to images :roll:

the above code I have now changed, work the corrected counts and urls when you select a record (series) with no cover to be replaced

for the series "Super Almanacco Paperino (seconda serie)" must be replaced 3 cover , counting works, but not the URL on the same series :roll:

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:41 am

I think that you have to create two variables for the "url" :|
as they were created counts :roll:

or am I wrong ? : :?

LotsOCds

Post by LotsOCds » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Here is a wild guess.
The URL will return all books in the database where the field Condition is set to "Cover to be replaced".

<a href="BookList.xsl?condition=Cover to be replaced@orderby=series,releaseno@xslparam:doctitle=Cover to be replaced " target="_blank">
If this does not work I can only help if you write down the criteria.
the problem is that English is not my language
Write it in Italian. Describe what you want returned by the URL with one sentence. Usually pictures are good but in this case pictures don't tell the whole story.
Cheers,
Dave

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:09 pm

LotsOCds wrote:Here is a wild guess.
The URL will return all books in the database where the field Condition is set to "Cover to be replaced".

<a href="BookList.xsl?condition=Cover to be replaced@orderby=series,releaseno@xslparam:doctitle=Cover to be replaced " target="_blank">
If this does not work I can only help if you write down the criteria.
the problem is that English is not my language
Write it in Italian. Describe what you want returned by the URL with one sentence. Usually pictures are good but in this case pictures don't tell the whole story.

finally it works :D

Now I write in Italian ;)

Grazie tante Dave, mi stai aiutando moltissimo a capire come funziona il codice .xsl :) , sei veramente una brava persona :)

the problem and that, in this forum (and also in the deceased) were you just you to help
it seems that only you, me, and DougWilliams, participating in the forum :roll: :shock:

however I am learning so many things, thanks to you ;)
but unfortunately most of the serious books, dealing argument .xsl is in English only
in Italian, very few (translated from English versions), and some driving, poorly written :|

Full Code Work

<strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="blue"> Cover to be replaced </font></strong>
          <xsl:value-of select="series"/> <strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="red">
          ##CMD:COUNT:book,series=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##</font></strong>
          <xsl:value-of select="' (see other comics)'"/> <strong><font face="georgia" size="3" color="red">
          ##CMD:COUNT:book,series!=<xsl:value-of select="series"/>@condition=Cover to be replaced@series!=##</font></strong>
       </a>
Ciao ;)

ps: my wife says I'm crazy with these comics, and catalog them :mrgreen:
in Russia, no one reads them :shock:

does not understand :|

topic completed (except for problems)