Still need old proxy script?

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
maxsound

Still need old proxy script?

Postby maxsound » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:48 am

I've just downloaded the newest version and things work great so far. It even fixed an issue I had with the last version that would download the album image, but not the track times. Now both download. One question I'd like answered and that is do you have the have the Proxy script open in order to connect to the internet like before? I thought the last version took care of that and the script did not have to be opened. I may have missed something along the way though. If I have the script opened I can download information whether or not the Proxy box is checked in the Tools tab. As soon as close the script I am no longer able to download anything. Is this normal? Thanks

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Still need old proxy script?

Postby DougWilliams » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 am

You shouldn't need proxy and as long as the "Use proxy server" is unchecked under TOOLS > OPTIONS > INTERNET it should work.

But you're saying it doesn't AND you are using v9.48?
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

Azol

Postby Azol » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 pm

There are two kinds of proxies in this case:

1) the one you use to connect to Internet - if you have direct Internet connection then Proxy option should be turned off
2) the one we utilized some time ago to be able to talk to Discogs.com website to download album info. This proxy was a standalone program and it's not needed anymore because Fredrik fixed CATraxx to talk to Discogs directly.

maxsound

Postby maxsound » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Yes, I was referring to the separate script to download information. I also had a HTTP error last night. I was about to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of CATraxx and I decided to close and open the program to see what happens. Things seem to be working OK now. Everything downloads and I don't have the proxy checked or the script open. The minor issue of track times not downloaded is because Discogs did not have times for album I was entering. Guess it's not that big a deal in that the fact CATraxx is communicating like it should. Thanks guys.

Return to “Using CATraxx”