Before the end of 2017 the board will be down for a brief period of time for an upgrade.
Past experience says less than 30 minutes but I can't predict the future.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will not happen in 2017.
Thanks,
Doug

Connecting to Discogs

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
hbird64

Connecting to Discogs

Postby hbird64 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm a user from this program for years, and just update the 'proxy' version with the real version.

The problem now is that I can't get data from Discogs by the manual Query.
Th program wants to grant CATraxx permission to access my Discogs account. When I click on OK I got the message: Getting Request Token failed.
Where can I setup my Discogs account in CATraxx?

Hugo

MRL_Audio

Re: Connecting to Discogs

Postby MRL_Audio » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Funny you post this as I went thru the same thing yesterday. It came down to my system time was wrong. Have no idea how it got that way or when. I adjusted the system time to the correct date, time and time zone. Tried again and the error disappeared on it's own. Was able to set the token up and access Discogs thru CATraxx. That is using version 9.48 and version 75 of the internet dll. Took me the better part of the day to figure this out. Perhaps your issue is as simple. Best of luck.

hbird64

Postby hbird64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:49 am

My time settings are okay.

Is it possible that there's an old token setting in Discogs (I used the proxy version before this one)? If that's possible, how do I remove the old setting.

Hugo

MRL_Audio

Postby MRL_Audio » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Make certain you turn off the proxy setting. See below. Also that you are using CATraxx version 9.48 and version 75 of the CATraxx_Internet dll. Both can be seen when you select Help - About.

Tools - Options - Internet - CDDB/Proxy - uncheck "Use proxy server"

hbird64

Postby hbird64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Proxy was unchecked. Still no connection to Discogs.

Johnnyt

Postby Johnnyt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I really have no clue, but have you tried the other way around?
Maybe!
-------------
StampCAT
CATraxx
BookCAT
CATVids

Azol

Postby Azol » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:00 pm

In your CATraxx folder there is DiscogsAuth.dat file. Remove it, run CATraxx and repeat downloading info from Discogs again, it will request auth token once more.

hbird64

Postby hbird64 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Azol,

that brought me further. CATraxx now opened a Discogs (I tried removing the file before, but with CATraxx opened), where I could generate a code, and a dialog in CATraxx. I entered the code in CATraxx, but I got a message like I opened the http premature?
After that I can remove the DiscogsAuth.dat what I want, and open CATraxx, and try to search Discogs, but everytime I get the error again. Token failed.
Can I do it once per day? On Discogs there is still no Authorized Application.

Hugo

Azol

Postby Azol » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 pm

You have to delete the file with NO Catraxx running.
Then after you run CATraxx and try to download something from Discogs CATraxx would give you the exact instruction what to do to get the auth code from Discogs. I had to do this all over again when I reinstalled CATraxx. I am sure there is no problem following the steps to authorize CATraxx.

hbird64

Postby hbird64 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Azol,

thanks, now it worked. Maybe I didn't close Discogs the first time, after generation the code?

Hugo

Return to “Using CATraxx”