The board has been upgrade to the latest version. Please let me know of any problems.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will happen in 2018.
Thanks, Doug

Template modification assistance for Band Member listing

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
Rene

Template modification assistance for Band Member listing

Post by Rene » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 am

Hi,

In the Lookup View (Artist/Person) - template ArtistPerson.xsl - you can select 'Band Member' for an entry. This triggers template TrackList_BandMemberInstruments.xsl showing all the tracks in which the selected person participates. On top of that screen you can select the option 'Show Albums' which triggers template AlbumList.xsl.

I'd like to have the option to list the albums (call it something like 'Band Member albums') also in ArtistPerson.xsl besides the existing option to list the tracks (Band Member). I tried a lot of things but I couldn't get it working.

In ArtistPerson.xsl the line to activate the Band Member tracklist is:
<a href="TrackList_BandMemberInstruments.xsl?BandMember={name}@xslparam:param_personid={@id}@validate=yes,1@xslparam:doctitle=Band Member: {name}" target="_blank">Band Member</a><xsl:text> </xsl:text>

In TrackList_BandMemberInstruments.xsl the line to activate the Band Member albumlist is:
<a href="CMD:SHOWALBUMS:AlbumList.xsl?xslparam:doctitle={$doctitle}">Show Albums</a>

How can I add the Band Member albumlist option to the ArtistPerson.xsl template?
Any help, hints, tips, samples... etc. is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rene

LotsOCds

Re: Template modification assistance for Band Member listing

Post by LotsOCds » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:54 am

Hi Rene,

I don't have much time for writing new templates anymore. Here's one that I posted on the old forum. It doesn't do exactly what you asked for but it may work well for you anyway. It adds a discography to ArtistPerson.xsl. Give it a try and I hope it works for your needs.
Attachments
ArtistPersonDiscographyTemplate_v9.4x.zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Cheers,
Dave

Roxie2401

Post by Roxie2401 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi Dave,

Just curious about this topic (not wanting to distract from Rene's issue) but I thought I'd try your ArtistPerson template. Nice job! But was there supposed to be another template needed? I get an error message "Template File "ArtistPerson_Albums_AllRoles.xsl" could not be found.

This happens if I click on the link "All Roles" for any artist. The links for Band Member, Conductor, etc. work just fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Roxie

Rene

Post by Rene » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Dave,

This is really very very nice!
I'll look if I can use parts of the coding for my 'requirement', however with a discography I think it is no longer a requirement :D

Thanks!

Roxie: the template "ArtistPerson_Albums_AllRoles.xsl" is a standard one and it is supposed to be in the template folder.

Rene

LotsOCds

Post by LotsOCds » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi Rene,
Glad this template helped!

Hi Roxie,
Yes, the template "ArtistPerson_Albums_AllRoles.xsl" is a standard one installed by CATraxx. I've attached a copy just in case you have lost yours.
Attachments
ArtistPerson_Albums_AllRoles.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Cheers,
Dave