Exporting playlist including audio-files

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
Cally

Exporting playlist including audio-files

Post by Cally » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi everyboby,

I just wanted to create a playlist with some christmas-songs for my car-mp3-USB-stick.
Unfortunately the HAP-Program CreateM3u doesn't work anymore. I always get an error-message.
However, how can I get a playlist (generated by CATraxx) on my USB-stick within the audios?

Merry christmas to everyone and a happy new year!
Greets from germany
Martin

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Exporting playlist including audio-files

Post by DougWilliams » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:27 am

Hello Martin,

There is the Export button in the Playlist View. However it does export the full path to the MP3.
You would have to manually delete the path name (using Notepad or some other text editor, that's all an M3u file is, a list of files) and leave ONLY the file name.
Annotation 2019-12-25 192151.jpg
Annotation 2019-12-25 192151.jpg (159.38 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

Cally

Re: Exporting playlist including audio-files

Post by Cally » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:11 am

DougWilliams wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:27 am
Hello Martin,

There is the Export button in the Playlist View. However it does export the full path to the MP3.
You would have to manually delete the path name (using Notepad or some other text editor, that's all an M3u file is, a list of files) and leave ONLY the file name.
Thanks Doug for your reply. I just tested, but this brings up only the playlist itself, not the files.
So I found out that there is a second step needed to copy the audio files to the designated folder.
Playlist.jpg
Playlist.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 137 times
A little bit tricky and uncomfortable but it seems to be the only way to bring up playlist and audios in the same folder.