Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATVids
Carah11

IMDB download problems

Post by Carah11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Not able to retrieve any info from imdb on the series Law & Order

catvids17302

Re: IMDB download problems

Post by catvids17302 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:14 am

I haven't been able to download info (actors, awards, crew, etc.) for movies for the last month but was able to download TV series episodes up through yesterday (catching up on my Simpsons seasons -- ran 14 seasons just fine on 2/7/2018). I just tried downloading episode info for Ken Burns' The Vietnam War series and got the dreaded "HTTPS protocol not implemented" message. I tried downloading one of the Simpsons seasons that I just ran yesterday with no issues and got the same error so now I can't download ANY video info, movie or TV series. This is why we need to have open access to maintain the Internet.dll file so we can respond when IMDB changes something on their site and basically kills CATVids. Bummer!

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 am

Send a message to support@fnprg.com.
Fredrik has been updating the internet.dll
Last update was early January.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

catvids17302

Post by catvids17302 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 am

Just did. Thanks. I hope he can get another update out. I never got a reply to either email I sent to get new registration keys to use the latest version of my CATVids or CATraxx software (I have v8). I love CATVids and do not think any of the competitors' software is even close to it. But without a working Internet.dll then it becomes static and obsolete unless I manually enter everything...