Going back to CATraxx?

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
moeszyslak

Going back to CATraxx?

Post by moeszyslak » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:50 am

I have been using CLZ Music Collector since Fredrik stopped developing & maintaining CATraxx. For different reasons I'm tired of using Music Collector. I have tried every music catalog software that has been on the market during the last 10-12 years. As of today, there are not many left. In my opinion CATraxx was/is by far the best one. CATraxx is the only software that is a true database software.

I have a lot of rare japanese titles (CD's and SACD's) and a lot of high resolution music that I have bought online (in DSF format). Many of them are not listed on Discogs and using Amazon is even worse. If I can't find all these albums on Discogs I have to "Add Audio Files" and scan the folder containing my digital copies that I store on external hard drives.

My issue with CATraxx is that it can't recognize DSF-files. That means that I have to manually type every piece of information (Artist/Title/Year/Label/Format/Track Titles/Track Length) for maybe 1000-2000 albums.

Since there's no development of CATraxx, this will never be solved ....

Just my 2 cents ...

I have to think this over.

Appreciate any kind of response/feedback!

/Dan

MSWallack

Re: Going back to CATraxx?

Post by MSWallack » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Simple, though inelegant solution: Convert all of your DSF files to .mp3 (even a low bitrate for faster conversion), then scan the .mp3 files in CATraxx. Once the data is in, you can delete the .mp3 files. Or, better yet, I'm sure that someone on this forum can help you build a SQL query to change the links from the .mp3 files back to your DSF files.

moeszyslak

Post by moeszyslak » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 am

I have decided to transfer all my albums by using "Add Manual Queery - Discogs"

I know it will take months to do it but I really enjoy working in CATraxx.

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am

If there's anything that you can do to generate a list of what you have, that information can be imported.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

moeszyslak

Post by moeszyslak » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 pm

The only information that I can export from CLZ Music Collector is Artist/Title/Year/Label

I need the "Location" field in CLZ to be exported, but since that isn't an option, I'm better off doing it manually with both CLZ & CATraxx open at the same time.