Before the end of 2017 the board will be down for a brief period of time for an upgrade.
Past experience says less than 30 minutes but I can't predict the future.
Also, there is a high probability that the forum will move to a different host, but that will not happen in 2017.
Thanks,
Doug

Bookcat and internet.dll

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for BookCAT
LesStClair

Re: Bookcat and internet.dll

Postby LesStClair » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi, I've been having the same problem with BookCat this weekend. Adding in Library of Congress enabled the books to be found, but no data is coming from Amazon UK or USA.

Roxie2401

Postby Roxie2401 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:50 am

I am having no problem with Amazon USA. All ISBN searches from the original list I try are successful (two not found) using only Amazon USA. Also, transferred all into a new database, all successful - four did not have cover art.

I wonder if this has something to do with the network overload some sites experienced last week? Was Amazon one of those? I'm located in the east coast area of US; location may have something to do with this and the internet/Amazon?

LesStClair

Postby LesStClair » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Here's a strange thing - Amazon France is working but not Amazon UK (my location) or USA :?

J.F. Le Deist

Postby J.F. Le Deist » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:24 am

New internet dll today :

Internet.dll v252 [26/10/2016 00:59]

try again with this one.

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Postby DougWilliams » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am

It appears to find Amazon US.

Thanks Fredrik!
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

LesStClair

Postby LesStClair » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Hurrah! Working again (Amazon UK) :)

hako

Postby hako » Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm a mac user but I built and maintain a private monastery library using bookcat on their pc. The online downloads (LoC etc) stopped working last year, and I just bumped into two references to new versions of internet.dll that I think might resolve the problem. (The latest one, v253, was referred to by Jean François Le Deist on April 7 on the fnprgfans page on facebook, which I don't use so I can't follow up there). However, I'm not sure from where to download this latest version - it's not mentioned on www.fnprg.com. I upgraded to the last release of bookcat (feb.2016) which I believe was 10.25, but I can't check that because I'm a 100 miles from that off-line pc, and there's no version history in the bookcat help file nor release dates on the download page. Can anybody enlighten me?

J.F. Le Deist

Postby J.F. Le Deist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

Hello Hako,

Open Bookcat, go to : "Tools" -> "Check for update" -> It should download the last version

After this, go again to "Tools" -> "Options" -> Tab "Internet" -> Verify that you have the box checked "Automatically download Internet dll"

All should be OK, after this

hako

Postby hako » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks, J.F. I'm going to the monastery this Saturday and will follow your advice. Since their internet is not too dependable I will be bringing a copy of the latest bookcat app. I'd like to bring a copy of the most recent "internet.dll" also, but cannot find a URL to download it. Any suggestions?

(If I search for "internet.dll" in therecordroom, I get nothing because it splits the query into "internet dll" and then says both those terms are too generic to warrant an answer!)

Return to “Using BookCAT”