Can't access old CATraxx database

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
mdiaz0429

Can't access old CATraxx database

Post by mdiaz0429 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm

I started using CAtraxx in 2009. I have an old database with the .MDB termination that was last accessed in 2010. I now have the last CATraxx released, version 9.5 and it will not allow me to accesss this database. When I try I get the following message:

"An error occurred: "DAODBEngine OpenDatabase failed" "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time"

I am the only user and I am not logged in twice. If anyone know how to solve this proble I would be very thankful. I need access to that datbase to actually sell saome of the records I have on it so I can get some $$$ that I really need at this time in my life. Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Mario

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Can't access old CATraxx database

Post by DougWilliams » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Couple things to check.
Make sure the MDB file is not marked as read only or is on a read only drive.
With CATraxx closed, check to see if there is a corresponding LDB file in the same folder. If there is, delete it.

If you have MS Access you should be able to open the MDB and do a native Compact and Repair.

If none of this helps, I'm willing to take a look at the MDB and see if there's something I can do.

Let me know.

Doug
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

mdiaz0429

Post by mdiaz0429 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:33 am

Thank you for your help. The MDB file is not "read only" and not on a read only drive. There is no LDB file in the same folder. I do not have MS Access. I tried using one of the free database programs and they could not access my MDB file at all. Please let me know how I can ge the MDB file to you and see if you can solve my problem. I really appreciate your help!
Thanks again!
Mario

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Click right on the file and select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIPPED) FOLDER
If the resulting zip file is less then 10MB send it directly to my at (removing the spaces):
doug is @ the record room . com

If it's bigger than 10MB send it via www.TransferNow.Net

Thanks,
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"