Hello to the Forum

General Discussion
BillO

Hello to the Forum

Post by BillO » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:10 pm

I've been using SoftCAT for a lot of years. It's moved from an old XP box to a newer Windows 7 box and at the end of the month I'm going to try to get it to work in a nice shiny new Windows 10 box. If it doesn't work then I'm going to have to move the data into a MS Access database because there are not any programs that I've ever found that work as well as SoftCAT, and it was free!

I do have a non-CAT specific question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

I do some programming in Office 2016 using VBA. I've been doing "BASIC" since I owned a Commodore 64 in the 70's? Time flies. I've been playing around with a scripting language that can be compiled called AutoIT that is very BASIC like. It's fine for very small projects but it's not easy to work with its GUI language and it doesn't have any sophisticated GUI development/build tools.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what programming language the CAT applications were written in. I'm looking for something that has some decent GUI capabilities and can be compiled. I'm hoping it is some flavor of Basic that I can get my hands on.

Bill

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Hello to the Forum

Post by DougWilliams » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi BillO,

The CAT programs were built with the Delphi IDE.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"