FNProgramvare now taking donations to support hosting costs.

General Discussion
VonRocko

Re: FNProgramvare now taking donations to support hosting costs.

Post by VonRocko » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm

How does one get the English version of the paypal link to make a donation?

AlanMintaka

Post by AlanMintaka » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:28 pm

I used Google Translate. Instead of entering any text to translate, paste the URL of the page you want translated and click on the resulting link.

Google Translate is supposed to keep right on translating any link you click on the translated page, but sometimes that doesn't work. For this one, I had to patiently translate each page separately.

1. Go to the first Paypal page in Norwegian

2. Copy the URL onto the clipboard.

3. Open another browser tab and go here: https://translate.google.com/

4. Paste the URL in the left window. Don't worry about language selection in the left window. Just make sure "English" is selected as the translation result in the right hand window.

5. Wait one New York Minute. A link will appear in the right hand window. That's a link to the page in English.

6. Repeat as necessary as you wade through the donation process.

I hope this unnecessarily complicated mess somehow explains one way this can be done...... It just takes a little practice, but I'm sure someone else in this thread will chime in with an easier way.
Alan Mintaka

"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
--Walt Whitman

J.F. Le Deist

Post by J.F. Le Deist » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Done, too !

VonRocko

Post by VonRocko » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:43 am

Alan,
Did all that, I get as far as the clicking on the link (in english) (step5) and it opens another tab and just sits and spins forever and doesn't do anything.
Is it possible to sign into paypal directly and somehow make the donation that way?

Foden

Post by Foden » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Donation made today.

Foden

AlanMintaka

Post by AlanMintaka » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm

VonRocko wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:43 am
Did all that, I get as far as the clicking on the link (in english) (step5) and it opens another tab and just sits and spins forever and doesn't do anything.
Is it possible to sign into paypal directly and somehow make the donation that way?
No idea what went wrong there. I'm far from being a Paypal admirer and I would not rely on those incompetent crooks to resolve any problems dealing with their billion-dollar banking scam.

Given problems with PayPal, you might want to contact Fredrick directly at the support email posted on the FNPRG website and ask him how you can help. If he directs you back to PayPal and they continue to stonewall the donations, he should know about what they're doing.

The email address:
support@fnprg.com

Sorry for the vitriol. Right now Paypal is not high on my list of reputable financial institutions. And of course sorry to Fredrik and Doug Williams for venting my spleen in this thread. Can't be helped in my situation, my apologies.
Alan Mintaka

"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
--Walt Whitman