Hidden Tracks

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
MSWallack

Hidden Tracks

Post by MSWallack » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 am

Just curious as to how people have handled hidden tracks in the pregap sequence of CDs (in other words, track 0). CATraxx doesn't appear to support a track lower than track 1. But if I record track 0 as track 1, then the numbering for other tracks won't match the track order on the CD track list. Suggestions/solutions?

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Hidden Tracks

Post by DougWilliams » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:49 pm

I don't worry about the track #'s being off. My concern is having the data in CATraxx needed to find the physical based on whatever criteria. I don't see me looking for CDs with a track 0 (though strange things could happen.. :D )

Though I suppose you could have a custom track field to hold the "real track numbers" or a custom album field saying "See media for actual track #s".
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

felldownawell

Post by felldownawell » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:51 am

I had asked Fredrik about listing HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio) pre-gap tracks as track 0 years back, and he indicated it wasn't something he was going to support. Per his suggestion, I use the Set Track Index option to set both track 0 and 1 to 1 and number sequentially from there.
Catraxx user since 2005

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MK2
Cartridge: Shure M97xE
Preamp: Cambridge 540P
Tape Deck: Teac W-890R
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Recording: Adobe Audition CC 2019
Post-Production: iZotope RX 7

MSWallack

Post by MSWallack » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Hmm. Two tracks numbered 1. I've got to think about that. The metadata geek in me is just screaming "noooooooo" but that may be the best solution. The other idea I've been toying with is just put track 00 as the last track on the CD (so if there are 12 tracks, track 00 becomes track 13 with a note to indicate it's actual a HTOA).