New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

General Discussion
gschoene

Re: New members - Please make one post to at least say "Hello"

Post by gschoene » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:17 am

Hello,

greetings from Germany and big 'Thank You' to Doug offering this forum.

I use Catraxx since the past century very intensive. I asked my records to find out how long I already use this extraordinary software. I started with CATraxx 98 at 10.04.1999. I managed several software changes and I plan to use it in the future even if my Windows 7 goes EOL.
I started collecting music in the '70s with vinyls and a REVOX tape recorder but currently most of my collection is electronic media in FLAC.
As I retired last year, I've got more and more time for this stuff :)

I also use SoftCAT but not so heavyly.
Cheers,

Günter

Lovinda

Post by Lovinda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi everybody
I've used Catraxx a since the very beginning (first using the Norwegian language version 'Platearkivet', before switching to English version). My first entries are from 1995...I've also tried other database programs, but Catraxx is by far the best one ever! Frederik has done a great job developing it and it's too bad if he doesn't let anyone continue to develop and maintain this great program after his retirement.

simplynewt

Post by simplynewt » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Thanks for letting me in Doug.

Greetings from Sweet Home Alabama. Found these programs recently and I absolutely love them. Just want to know what happens after the 30 day trial period ends? Limit on entries? Cant build a database if I cant put all the data in.

Thanks for your time.

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Hello simplynewt,

Without a license key the software will only allow 100 records in a database.
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

simplynewt

Post by simplynewt » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 pm

That is what I am afraid of. There is no use in me building a database that will only allow me to keep 100 entries in. Sad because I really like the program. I emailed the developer and asked if there was a way to get around this. I imagine I wont hear from him for sometime. Thanks for the info. After 6 years, I had hoped this would have changed.

Alex Ivanovich

Post by Alex Ivanovich » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:13 pm

CAT databases are the best around,
many have and are imitating, but no one has managed to get close,
I have often suggested to Fredrick to release the source code, now he is not for sale, some other programmer could continue his work, of course if you had to pay, even for the license, I was happy to do it, but he never listened and lately it doesn't even respond to e-mails.
Since I love these programs I had to resort to "alternative routes" to make them work in full mode, with my great displeasure :| , because, I repeat, I am willing to pay.

I hope Fredrick changes his mind and releases the license to those who request it, he would still make a lot of money, or think about releasing the source code

:roll:

J.F. Le Deist

Post by J.F. Le Deist » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am

Norwegian informaticians are extraordinary : they made the web-browser Opera, too ! But it was bought by chinese group. I moved to Vivaldi to follow the former Opera team, but Vivaldi browser is too slow when starting. I should come back to Opera, perhaps (I'm using Chrome, actually).
What could happen to Fredrik's tools if they are sold to another company ? The 2 main collectors' software are different : the CAT familiy is more "computer based", and the Collectorz' family is coming more and more "web/cloud based"

tqurazzo

Post by tqurazzo » Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Hello,

I was introduced to the CATraxx program by a music collector on a forum I belong to several years ago and absolutely love the program.Hope to learn a few things from the posts here as I am constantly editing the entries.