Can't access old CATraxx database

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
mdiaz0429

Can't access old CATraxx database

Post by mdiaz0429 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm

I started using CAtraxx in 2009. I have an old database with the .MDB termination that was last accessed in 2010. I now have the last CATraxx released, version 9.5 and it will not allow me to accesss this database. When I try I get the following message:

"An error occurred: "DAODBEngine OpenDatabase failed" "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time"

I am the only user and I am not logged in twice. If anyone know how to solve this proble I would be very thankful. I need access to that datbase to actually sell saome of the records I have on it so I can get some $$$ that I really need at this time in my life. Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Mario

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Can't access old CATraxx database

Post by DougWilliams » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Couple things to check.
Make sure the MDB file is not marked as read only or is on a read only drive.
With CATraxx closed, check to see if there is a corresponding LDB file in the same folder. If there is, delete it.

If you have MS Access you should be able to open the MDB and do a native Compact and Repair.

If none of this helps, I'm willing to take a look at the MDB and see if there's something I can do.

Let me know.

Doug
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

mdiaz0429

Post by mdiaz0429 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:33 am

Thank you for your help. The MDB file is not "read only" and not on a read only drive. There is no LDB file in the same folder. I do not have MS Access. I tried using one of the free database programs and they could not access my MDB file at all. Please let me know how I can ge the MDB file to you and see if you can solve my problem. I really appreciate your help!
Thanks again!
Mario

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Post by DougWilliams » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Click right on the file and select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIPPED) FOLDER
If the resulting zip file is less then 10MB send it directly to my at (removing the spaces):
doug is @ the record room . com

If it's bigger than 10MB send it via www.TransferNow.Net

Thanks,
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

Bret_B

Post by Bret_B » Tue May 26, 2020 7:48 am

I've had some luck trying a couple of other things.

First, I tried a cold boot. This worked 1 time out of 3 tries.

Second, I tried starting CATraxx without a database loaded and then told it to Restore my most recent backup. (I've set CATraxx to backup automatically.) If you don't have a backup of your database I don't have too much sympathy for you.

For decades I've told folks that there are two types of people in the world. Those who have lost data, and those who are about to.

Anyway, that's all I've needed to fix this problem.