Disapearing Cover Art?

Discuss using and your tips/tricks for CATraxx
zmlb20

Disapearing Cover Art?

Post by zmlb20 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:15 pm

First, Hello from a longtime CATraxx user. I'm glad this board was created! I just checked my old license files and discovered I've been using CATraxx for over 15 years. I use CT for CDs only. Getting to the 3000+ LPs has always seemed too formidable, but maybe some day...

I just recently noticed quite a number of cover images have disappeared. Does anyone have a clue as to why this would happen?

Background Info:
- I have somewhere near 1,300 disks cataloged
- I rarely add any new disks
- I few months ago I moved the database to a server so I could access it from another computer, if necessary.
- Yesterday was the first time I noticed missing artwork.

Thanks....

DougWilliams
Site Admin

Re: Disapearing Cover Art?

Post by DougWilliams » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Hello zmlb20, welcome to the forum!

CATraxx has the ability to link to an image or have the image embedded.
Sounds like the link (path) for the images may have changed when you moved the database to the new server.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE before trying either of these, just in case something happens.

It may be as simple as changing the Image file folder in TOOLS > DEFAULT FOLDERS.

There is also the TOOLS > UPDATE PATH > IMAGE FILES. You will need to know your old path and the new path.

If you open the Album form, right click on the image, select properties, it will tell you where the full path that the database expects the image to be (circled in red) and also the path used with the image Default Folders (if used)(circled in blue).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.64 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Record Collector
"You Mean I'm Supposed To Listen To 'Em?!?!?!?"

zmlb20

Re: Disapearing Cover Art?

Post by zmlb20 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you Doug, for the detailed help instructions. Oddly, all the album cover properties were configured as "(image stored in database)". Since I had jpg images of most (after finally completing an effort to import everything into iTunes) I went ahead and re-added them. Thanks again...

It is certainly comforting to have this forum.